Parent Faculty Organization (PFO)
The IST community is deeply committed to ensuring that our children are prepared for the challenges and wonders of life, and our reputation is founded on the motivation of our students, the talents and skills of our teaching faculty and support staff, and wonderful participation by our parent community. Our school is fortunate to have a strong Parent Faculty Organization where volunteerism is a hallmark of our community spirit. At IST we do not aim to achieve; we achieve, and we do so by working, learning and acting together as a community.
As such all parent and faculty members at the International School of Tianjin are members of the Parent Faculty Organization (PFO).
The goals of the PFO are to:
- Support the school in providing quality education.
- Foster partnerships between the home and the school.
- Build a sense of community.
- Provide a forum for input in matters relating to school policies.
- Raise funds for special school-related purposes.
PFO meetings are held once a month, on Wednesday mornings. All parents are cordially invited to attend these meetings.
You can find out more by visiting the IST PFO Blog site
You can download the current PFO regulations document here.