THE IST DIPLOMA
The IST Diploma includes the courses of study taken from Grade 9 to Grade 12. Students will be provided with a transcript, which outlines the courses taken, the credit value of each course and the level of achievement. The final two years of the IST Diploma are based on the International Baccalaureate Diploma course.
Each semester is .5 credits, with a full year being 1 credit
|Subject||Credits 9||Credits 10||Credits 11||Credits 12||Credits Total|
|Arts (Drama, Music & VA)||1.5||1||0||0||2.5|
|Technology (DT & IT)||1||1||0||0||2|
|Electives (Group 6)||0||0||1||1||2|
|Theory of Knowledge||0||0||0.5||0.5||1|
|Creativity, Action and Service||0||0||0.5||0.5||1|
MYP Completion requires 15.5 credits overall.Notes:
- Graduation requires 29 credits overall (13.5 from 11-12).
- No MYP academic year may have more than 1.5 failed credits.
- No DP academic year may have more than 1 failed credit.
- Credits will be awarded after each satisfactorily completed semester of study in a subject.
- A credit will consist of a minimum of 90 hours of class time.
- Students who do not complete four years of study at IST will have their previous school records considered towards their IST Diploma, with formal equivalence for other studies established at time of admission.
- Students must comply with the IST attendance policy to qualify for graduation.
In Grades 11 and 12, it is expected that most students will study the full International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. Under some circumstances it may be deemed inappropriate for a student to complete the full IB Diploma Program. It is therefore possible for a student to choose to complete:
- An IST Diploma with IB Certificates in some subjects
- An IST Diploma
Successful completion of IB Certificate courses will lead to certification from the IB. Assessment of these courses involves external examination, and work assessed in the school, which has been externally moderated.
IST Diploma subjects will be based on the IB Diploma courses. Assessment will be internal only.